This communications strategy plan questionnaire can help you develop the right strategies and tactics to increase sales, improve brand recognition, and grow your audience. It will guide you towards determining your goals, finding your voice, targeting demographics, and analyzing results. Good marketing investment spends as little time and money as possible to remove any obstacles from reaching your goals.
- What are the current industry market trends for your type of product or service?
- What is your estimated share of market in your marketplace?
- Who is your competition and what is their percentage market share?
- What factors affect your client’s decision to use your product/service?
- What kind of services are you good at delivering?
- Where do you offer the most value and enjoy the greatest success?
- Which services you are best prepared to offer today?
- Where can you deliver the best value?
- Which segments will be the easiest to grow?
- Where are you already experiencing growth?
- What needs to be accomplished by you to reach your goals?
- Short term?
- Which of these objective examples (and others) best fit your top objectives?
- Increase sales
- Build brand awareness
- Grow market share
- Launch new products or services
- Target new customers
- Enter new markets internationally or locally
- Improve stakeholder relations
- Enhance customer relationships
- What is the major rational and/or emotional problem/obstacle the communication must overcome?
- What is the most important rational and emotional benefit the communication can promise the target audience?
- What are audience attitudes/perceptions
- What are audience demographic and persona profiles
- What are audience makeups for:
- New clients
- Past clients
- Specific locations
- What are possible growth areas based on your target audiences?
- What are possible growth areas based on secondary market audiences?
- What are your current sales and marketing process for:
- Handling objections
What Inbound Marketing tools would work best to generate leads?
- Content marketing on website
- White papers and case studies
- Presentations and videos
- Social media networking
- Direct mail campaigns
- eMarketing campaigns
- What types of Call-To-Actions (CTAs) would encourage website visitors to request more information about your services/products?
- What is the best single call to action for each landing page?
- How will I test and track each CTA performance?