Qurate Retail Group and the National Retail Federation Foundation are teaming up once again to offer the Small Business Spotlight Initiative program in 2021.
The program showcases the exceptional stories and resilience of small businesses across the country using QVC, HSN and Zulily’s on-air and/or digital and social platforms.
Select business owners will once again have access to the expertise of Qurate Retail Group team members through a Virtual Mentorship program.
For the first time, SCORE Chester and Delaware Counties will support this important initiative sharing their expertise in mentoring small business success and providing business resources.
In 2020, Qurate Retail Group partnered with the NRF Foundation to highlight small businesses impacted by the economic challenges of COVID-19 and promote diversity, equity and inclusion through the Small Business Spotlight initiative.
The initiative saw great success, with many participating businesses reporting increases in web traffic, social engagement and new customers.
In 2021, the program will continue throughout the year and highlight a diverse set of business owners sharing their inspiring leadership and innovation, reflecting Qurate Retail Group and NRF Foundation’s commitment to increase opportunities for underrepresented groups.
A national call for applications has been issued with a deadline of Feb. 26.
One hundred small businesses will be selected to be featured throughout 2021 during heritage and recognition months (including Black History Month, Women’s History Month, National Military Appreciation Month, Pride Month, National Hispanic Heritage Month, and National Disability Employment Awareness Month) .
The businesses will be featured on Qurate Retail Group’s on-air, digital and social platforms, with some receiving on-air exposure and others receiving digital promotion.
Small businesses selected for on-air and digital exposure will receive:
- Four 2-4 minute live segments on QVC and HSN
- A profile on a SBS landing page on QVC.com and HSN.com through the end of 2021
- Footage from their live segments repurposed on social and streaming services
- Amplification of the effort on Zulily’s digital channels
- PR/media support from a Qurate Retail Group team member
- The opportunity to participate in a virtual mentorship program
Candidates will be selected based upon the following criteria:
- Confirm company is 51% owned by one or more of these groups: Asian; Black; Hispanic or LatinX; Indigenous or other person of color; LGBTQ; Women; Disabled; or U.S. Veteran
- Employ 100 or fewer workers
- Has an ecommerce platform and social media presence
- Avoids product lines associated with these categories (see categories)
- Not currently a government official or being nominated for one, or holder of elected office or a candidate for office
- Not currently doing business with NRF, the NRF Foundation or any of the Qurate Retail Group brands, or employed by a company that is doing business with NRF, the NRF Foundation or any of the Qurate Retail Group brands
- Owner and business activities not in conflict with QRG core values and principles or Qurate Retail, Inc. Code of Business Conduct and Ethics